You’ve probably heard the term dental veneers before, right? While it’s a common form of cosmetic dentistry, many people don’t have all the facts. For starters, there are two types of veneers, composite and porcelain. Both are thin custom-made coatings applied to the front surface of your teeth. The main difference between the two is their durability. Composite veneers only last between five to seven years, while porcelain veneers can last anywhere from 10 to 15 years. Porcelain veneers are longer lasting and tend to resist staining better. At Bonnie Helfner, DDS we offer porcelain veneers to our patients who are good candidates for it. If you’re interested in learning more about them, or interested in even getting them yourself, stop looking on google for a “cosmetic dentist near me”, and contact Bonnie Helfner, DDS today.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers:
- They can help strengthen your teeth
- They make your teeth more durable
- Porcelain veneers are natural looking
- The procedure is quick and simple
- Your teeth will be stain resistant
- Improving your smile will lead to improved confidence
What are the steps I need to take to get Veneers?
So you may be wondering what the veneer process entails. The following list includes the steps needed to start your journey to a whiter smile:
- The preliminary visit: after searching for a cosmetic dentist near me, you’ll need to make an appointment to assess your situation and get x-rays
- Preparation: this involves trimming your tooth enamel, while also making a mold of your teeth so that your veneers are custom-made for you.
- Placement: during this step, we will clean and roughen your teeth to make sure the veneers will properly fasten to your teeth. After that is done, the veneers will be attached to your teeth with cement and ultraviolet light.
- Preservation: the last step is making sure you head back for a follow-up appointment so that we can make sure the veneers are properly placed and that you are comfortable.
So now that you’ve got the facts, it’s time to talk about how we can help. With a variety of services to offer, including cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Bonnie Helfner, Dr. Kristin Curro, and the team should be your first stop when it comes to oral health. When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, we offer porcelain veneers and tooth whitening services as well. We routinely see patients interested in veneers, so we’ve been able to perfect our process of creating a flawless smile for each and every patient while keeping them comfortable and satisfied. We’ll also prepare you for taking care of your veneers so that they can last as long as possible!
Your days of tireless googling for “cosmetic dentist near me” are over. Book an appointment today with at Bonnie Helfner, DDS and let’s work towards improving your smile and oral health together!